Although beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder but when it comes to feeling beautiful, we can’t resist thinking of having a flawless, forever glowing skin. The journey to a flawless skin starts with the right first step – Cleansing! Once we feel confident about our skin, we women, feel oodles of confidence in whatever we do in our day-to-day lives. So, let’s talk about how we can choose the best cleansers to boost our confidence and have our hands on beautiful, supple and forever glowing skin!
Cleansing should be made a no-skip daily ritual for a healthy skin. It is very important to keep your skin free from germs, impurities, dust and oil buildup, as well as give adequate room to breathe. A healthy cleansing regime includes washing, deep cleaning and toning your skin. Let’s look into the nitty gritties of each step carefully.
You should make sure to wash your face at least twice a day daily. Once before bedtime and then just after you wake up in the morning. This not only clears off the makeup and impurities but sheds dead skin cells, and removes excess oil build up and toxins that surface upon your skin. It is essential to pick your cleansing products very carefully and in accordance with your skin type. You must be thinking, amidst so many of them, how to choose the one perfect for you? Here is it, simplified for you –
- Pick a cleanser that gently exfoliates and moisturizes your skin along with cleaning it, if you have a normal skin. The best bet would be a gel or lightly foaming face washes with exfoliating agents. [Pick – Himalaya Gentle Exfoliating Daily Face wash or Dove Facial Foam]
- Pick a cream cleanser with moisturizing properties if you have a dry skin and don’t forget to check the ingredients list to avoid any alcohol-based ones, as these causes your skin to dry up further. [Pick- Himalaya Gentle Hydrating face wash or Himalaya Moisturizing Aloe Vera face wash]
- To be on a safer side, pick a gel or thick-leathering foam cleanser for an oily skin. These cleansers often have oil-solvents as one of the key ingredients that dissolve oil clogged in your facial pores and keep the skin free from oil and dirt that accumulates on the face. [Pick- Body Shop Tea Tree cleanser or Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser]
Apart from washing your face with the right cleanser, it is equally important to use deep cleansing products regularly. This helps in deep cleaning your clogged pores and getting rid of the ugly blackheads. Again, based on your skin type and texture (smooth or with acnes and acne bumps), choose from the deep cleansing oil, scrubs, gels, or milk/cream. The rule of thumb remains –
- No oils, harsh scrubs, and creams for oily and acne prone skin.
- Choose a light cleansing milk or gel if you have dry and rough skin.
- For normal and well-hydrated skin, choose a gentle scrub (preferably with herbal ingredients) to exfoliate and deep cleanse.
As far as washing and deep cleansing is considered, a lot of us find it obvious. But when it comes to usage of toners, there is a lot of confusion and varied opinion. Most people think it as a cleanser and don’t use it often as they use face washes and deep cleansers.
However, a good toner is very important not only to clean any remaining residual oil or debris left after cleansing but for marinating the natural pH of your skin. Natural pH of our face is around 5.5, whereas with the use of tap water and various products for cleansing it can go up to 9. Right toner, when used after a thorough cleansing of the face, helps in restoring it back to the normal level. Toner also hydrates, nourishes and refreshes your face and skin.
If you have very oily skin, you can choose a toner that contains Salicylic acid or natural oil absorbents (lemon oil or tea tree oil) that would additionally help you fight excess oil. [Pick – Clean & Clear toner, The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner]
- If your skin is normal you can go for an exfoliating and moisturizing toner that would additionally help in gently exfoliating dead skin cells & moisturizing your skin [Pick – NutriGlow Deep Exfoliation Toner]
- In case you have dry skin, go with a toner that not only restores your skin pH but moisturizes your otherwise rough and dry skin. [Pick – Nivea Alcohol-Free Moisturizing Toner]
- If your skin is very sensitive, you can use rose water as the toner. It is one of the mildest natural toners. [Pick- Dabur Rose Water]
Now that you know all the essentials for cleansing, don’t forget to keep your face well moisturized after your cleansing regime.
We already see a glowing and much more confident you!