The academic year 2015-16 is coming to an end and away from all the parties and enjoyment, the students are burning the midnight oil for the big exam. Students are appearing for boards’ examination, but the eyes of all devoted medical aspirants are on the All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT).
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the date for the AIPMT. It has been scheduled to be conducted on May 1, 2016, as per official website of CBSE. The online application forms for AIPMT are already out since the month of December-2015. It is evident that a large number of aspirants will be appearing for both the exams simultaneously.
Shortage of time, relentless efforts to crack the exam in very first attempt and a sincere intention to serve the society creates a situation of crisis for a huge chunk of aspirants. In such situation, students should formulate a well-planned strategy and follow it religiously to enjoy the fruit of success.
To begin with, it is important to analyze the pattern of the paper and understand the importance of every section.
- The overview of exam pattern & syllabus serves as a guidance to identify the strong and weak portions of the prescribed syllabus. Work hard on the weaker portion and maintain a steady practice in stronger areas.
- The entire syllabus can be segregated into smaller portions and the main focus should be given on the important areas.
It is recommended to prepare notes from the most reliable books as it minimizes the probability of errors. We have prepared a list of such books for you.
- NCERT books are the prime source for building clear concepts, but it is important to gather ample useful information from private publications.
- Biology – Trueman’s elementary Vol-1 & Vol-II (Theory), Objective Biology by Dinesh.
- Physics – Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma Vol-I & Vol-II
- Chemistry – O.P. Tandon
- It is essential to practice a fair number of objective questions from different books. Objective books from Arihant and MTG publications are the most recommended books.
Save these notes for a quick glance during revision. The notes should be tidy, concise yet informative. Make tables, charts and diagrams as it is easy to memorize pictorial representations.
Once you have selected the books to study, stick to them and read them thoroughly. Reading too many books can cause unnecessary disorientation and may lead to wastage of time.
Preparation is incomplete without self-evaluation.
- To test your preparation, attempt mock tests, sample papers and analyze your performance.
- You can also take online mock papers in order to work on your speed and accuracy. Solving sample papers gives you a fair idea of your preparation at a larger scale. Appearing for the mock tests is the half way to success. Discuss the doubts and mistake among your friends and teachers. Understand your faults and work on it.
The main battle is fought on the date of examination soon after the sight of question booklet.
- Time management is the key to accomplishment in the examination hall. Give each section equal time.
- Begin with the section that requires less or no calculation and consists short-length questions. Therefore, starting with biology is always a good strategy to save time.
- Read each question carefully and make the right choice, you can also do so following the ‘elimination of wrong’ options trick.
- Mark the answer only after you are 100% sure of the accuracy to avoid negative marking.
- Do not stress up and put in a lot of your time on a single difficult question, you can leave them for the second round of reading.
- During the second round of reading, attempt questions that were time-consuming and required deep understanding.
- If you do not have any clue about the question asked, avoid attempting it and do not waste time.
We are sure, with a few strategic changes in your preparation for the bigger examination, you’ll be able to face the examinations with huge ounces of confidence and zeal.
Take the competition with an optimistic approach, do not strain yourself worrying about other candidates and their performance. You only need one seat, nail it with your preparation!
All the best for your examinations guys!!!